Articles in this section are ordered according to topic.
- Assisted dying devalues the disabled - Dr John Fox, The Spinoff (2017).
- Assisted suicide: a chilling prospect for disabled people - Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, Not Dead Yet (2013).
- Assisted suicide and disabled people – a briefing paper - Rachel Hurst, DAA Disability Awareness in Action.
- Assisted Suicide - What's The Big Song and Dance? - Mik Scarlet, HuffPost (2017).
- Carol Cleigh Sutton: I Oppose Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia Because It Is Abelist - Diana Coleman, Not Dead Yet (2017).
- Euthanasia: let's look at the bigger picture - Craig Wallace, ABC (2013).
- Living with dignity - Sahkira Hussein, The Saturday Paper (2014).
- Suicide by Choice? Not So Fast - Ben Mattlin, The New York Times (2012).
Dying/End of Life Experience
- A conversation with Dr Anna Holmes about the Art of Dying - Dr John Kleinsman, The Nathaniel Centre Report, Issue 31 (2010).
- Euthanasia opens floodgates of nastiness - Rosemary McLeod, Dominion Post Opinion (2012).
- Gilderdale's trial was horrific but necessary to retain a vital principle - Madeleine Bunting, The Guardian (2010).
- How my mother died - Tom Mortier, MercartorNet (2013).
- The importance of stories in the euthanasia debate - Professor Margaret Somerville, MercatorNet (2017).
- I'm so glad I didn't have to discuss the Assisted Dying Bill with my terminally ill mother - Catholic Herald (2014).
- Most Australians are Rubbish at Dying - Toby Hall, The Sydney Morning Herald (2017).
- My wife knew she was dying – but she chose life - John Inge, The Guardian (2014).
- Why people nearing the end of life need the same protection we offer children - Tony Walter, The Conversation (2017).
- Why the Irish get death right - Kevin Toolis, The Guardian (2017).
- The Contagion of Euthanasia and the Corruption of Compassion - Arthur Goldberg and Shimon Cowen, The Pubilc Discourse (2017).
- Euthanasia, choice and autonomy - Bill Muehlenberg (2010).
- Euthanasia: Is it up to public opinion? - Rev Dr Graham O'Brien, Nelson Mail (2015).
- Euthanasia: Let’s at least have a robust debate - Dr John Kleinsman, The Nathaniel Centre Report, Issue 32 (2010).
- Is euthanasia for the living or the dying? - Deborah Codding, The New Zealand Herald (2012).
- Legal euthanasia kills justice for all - Dr John Kleinsman, The Sunday Star Times (2012).
- Opportunities at the end of life - Dr Michael McCabe, The Nathaniel Centre Issue 8 (2002).
- Parallels between beast and euthanasia - Sean Plunket, Dominion Post Opinion (2012).
- Professor speaks against voluntary euthanasia - John Gibb, The New Zealand Herald (2012).
- The rationale behind the euthanasia argument: is there a right to be killed? - Dr John Kleinsman, The Nathaniel Centre Report, Issue 32 (2010).
- The voice of your despair - Rod MacLeod, The Nathaniel Centre Issue 13 (2004).
- Assisted dying: Archbishop Welby urges MPs to reject bill - BBC (2015).
- Don't make Oregon's mistake - Care Not Killing UK (2014).
- Dutch right-to-die group confirms elder abuse risk - Paul Russell, MercartorNet (2017).
- Euthanasia surges in Belgium - Simon Caldwel, IOL (2014).
- Former medical association chiefs slam plans for voluntary euthanasia - Benjamin Preiss, The Age (2017).
- Lord Falconer's "fast-track" to death assisted suicide bill - Dave Andrusko, National Right to Life News Today (2014).
- Requests for euthanasia in Belgium are rarely refused - Alex Schadenberg, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition (2013).
- So much to lose if we allow voluntary assisted dying - John Watkins, The Sydney Morning Herald (2017).
- Stage 1 Report on Assisted Suicide (Scotland) Bill - Health and Sport Committee, Scottish Parliament (2015).
- Voluntary Euthanasia and 'Assisted Dying' in Tasmania - Hannah Graham and Jeremy Prichard (2013).
- We were wrong, says former regulator of Dutch euthanasia - Professor Theo Boer, MercatorNet (2014).
- A Doctor-Assisted Disaster for Medicine - William L. Toffler, The Wall Street Journal (2015).
- Euthanasia and physician-assisted death - Dr A D (Sandy) Macleod, The New Zealand Medical Journal, vol. 125, no. 1367 (2012).
- Euthanasia is so accepted that doctors must now justify prolonging a life - Barbara Kay, National post (2015).
- Euthanasia would hurt doctors and society - Professor Margaret Somerville (2010).
- Merciful assistance or physician-assisted killing? - Ronald Pies, PsychCentral (2012).
- Physician-assisted suicide poisons the mission of medicine - Associate Professor J. Donald Boudreau, The Globe and Mail (2012).
- The role of palliative care - Dr Frank Brennan, presented at The Euthanasia Debate: Why Now? Conference (2011).
- Speaking from the bedside: palliative medicine and euthanasia don't mix - Dr Sinéad Donnelly, The Nathaniel Centre Report, Issue 32 (2010).
Official Reports & Statements
- Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia: A Guide to the Evidence - Professor David Albert Jones, Anscombe Bioethics Centre Oxford (2015).
- Killing Me Softly. Should Euthanasia Be Legalised? - Professor Rex Adhar, Family First New Zealand (2014).
- Physician assisted suicide: The British Geriatrics Society's position - British Geriatrics Society (2015).
- Report on Inquiry into Medically-Assisted Dying - New Zealand Health Select Committee (2017).
- Resolution on Euthanasia - World Medical Association (2013).
- Sense and Nonsense on 'Assisted Dying' - Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales (2014).
- Statement of the Catholic Bishops of Alberta on Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia - Catholic Bishops of Alberta (2016).
- Submission to the Health Select Committee New Zealand - Caritas Aotearoa New Zealand (2016).
- Euthanasia: Position Statement - New Zealand Medical Association (2005).
Public Opinion/Discourse, Law
- Assisted dying laws pose a grave risk to the vulnerable - Joel Hodge, The Age (2017).
- 'Assisted dying' & public opinion - Care Not Killing UK (2014).
- Narelle Hanson: Complex matters of life and death - Narelle Hanson, Waikato Times (2017).
- New York Court: No right to assisted suicide - Alex Schadenburg, Euthanasia Prevention Coalition (2017).
- Sound law-making requires clear language - Living and Dying Well (2013).
- Speaking to a secular age - Professor Margaret Somerville, The Nathaniel Centre Report, Issue 26 (2008).
- Why I'll be voting no to the Voluntary Assisted Dying Bill 2017 - Walt Secord, The Sydney Morning Herald (2017).
- Why we didn't back the euthanasia bill - Simon O'Connor, The New Zealand Herald (2017).
- Compassion beyond constraint - Dr Michael McCabe, The Nathaniel Centre Report, Issue 4 (2001).
- Please, doctor, put him out of our misery - Michael Cook, MercatorNet (2013).
- We need a society which cares, not kills - Erik Leipoldt, MercatorNet (2010).
- Why I believe assisting people to die would dehumanise our society for ever - Justin Welby, The Guardian (2015).
- A momentum shift against assisted suicide - J.J. Hanson, Washington Examiner (2017).
- Assisted dying: when staying alive is the best option - Dan Satherley, Newshub (2017).
- Assisted Suicide: Reflections from the Front - Christopher Jones, Care Not Killing UK (2014).
- Assisted suicide: right to die or duty to die - Dr John Kleinsman, The Nathaniel Centre Issue 31 (2010).
- Report on Inquiry into Medically-Assisted Dying - Nancy Valko, Public Discourse (2014).
- Why legalising assisted suicide for anyone at all will inevitably lead to incremental extension - Peter Saunders (2012).